Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Salmon Patties

Finger foods are always great for toddlers and munchkins just learning to eat. Salmon patties are one of those great finger foods... if you like salmon. I dislike salmon. In fact, I hate the SMELL of salmon. Just because I don't like something, however, doesn't mean I will deny my children the opportunity to have it.

We were grilling fish the other day, so hubby opened up a can of salmon, took out the bones and skin, and made some (apparently) delicious salmon patties. They were so good (again, apparently) that Bobble ate an entire patty (which was the size of an adult burger), and Squiggle ate a third of one.

It's not a fancy recipe, but the kids love it, so I thought I would share it.

Salmon Patties
1 Can pink salmon
1 egg
~ 1 tsp. dill
~ 1/2c. bread crumbs

Take bones/skin out of fish.

Mix together and form patties.

Cook like you would a burger (approximately 5 min. a side)

That's it! We served it with a box of organic shells and cheese and some left over veggies.


1 comment:

  1. This seems like a quick dinner or lunch to whip up when the baby comes, look forward to trying this one out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete