I'm a big fan of potato salad, and a big fan of dill. Our local grocery store has a yummy dilled potato salad, but I looked at the ingredients one day and haven't purchased it since. There is no way a simple potato salad should have a million and one ingredients. Okay, not a million and one, but you get the point.
I decided to make own, and we like it more than the store version. I'm sure it's healthier for you, too. I did not make my own mayo or my own mustard, but I did use the olive oil mayo (It seemed like the most decent one for you, despite the fact we all know mayo isn't exactly that healthy), and I used a delicious little mustard that, to be honest, I wish was much cheaper so I could use it on anything and everything I use mustard on. Seriously, it's delicious!
Dilled Potato Salad
- 2# New Potatoes
- 1 bunch of fresh dill (roughly 1/4c)
- 1/2c diced onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2c. (approx.. 2 ribs) celery
- 1 1/4c. Mayo
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 lemon (juice of)
- 1T. Dijon mustard
- Wash potatoes and place in pot of water. Make sure potatoes are fully covered. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes slide off a fork (roughly half an hour).
- Once cooked, drain potatoes and return to their (warm) pan. Let them cool in the pan.
- Thinly slice zucchini and then quarter. Set aside in a large bowl. Add in onion.
- Cut celery length wise, then in very thin pieces and add to bowl.
- Peel and dice eggs. Add to bowl along with dill, lemon juice, mustard, and mayo. Stir well.
- Slice potatoes to desired size (I quartered and then thinly sliced). Add to bowl and mix well.
- Serve chilled.
Disclaimer: Thoughts of Fluff was not compensated for this post. This is an original recipe, and all opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own. Post contains affiliate links.