Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

Je Porte Mon BeBe Little Wrap Without a Knot (review)

Last spring I received a beautiful Je Porte Mon BeBe ring sling for review: the Little Wrap Without a Knot. I know you might be wondering why I am just writing the review if I received it last spring, but I wanted to have time to test it out. I was not extremely well versed in ring slings when I got it, having only used one for a few weeks with Squiggle when she was just born. I wanted to make sure that I was using it properly before I even started to do a review. Can't say a product is good or bad if you don't even use it properly!


I also would like to mention that I was in the middle of writing this review when we ended up taking Bobble to children's for his kidney issue, and the fact I had this sitting as a draft honestly slipped my mind. I was more concerned with my children and their well-being. I did, eventually, remember I never finished this post, so here you are!

A little bit about JPMBB! JPMBB is a Paris based company that is family owned. They sell baby carriers (wraps and slings), clothing (shirts, baby legs), doll wraps, and even babywearing coats!

I absolutely loved the material this was made of. It was super soft and cozy, and it does have a stretch to it. Not an extreme stretch, but one just slight enough to where I felt it helped provide a better seat for my munchkin since it was more contoured to her body. I also liked that there was a well-padded piece of material to slide over the rings once baby was securely in the carrier. That's one worry of mine is that my little one might somehow get their fingers pinched in the ring. With the rings covered, it wasn't really an issue.

sliding towards the rings
Rings covered


I couldn't get many action pictures since many of the times I babywear tend to be when I need my hands and nobody else is around to help. It's a bit hard to do a selfie and give a full shot of the carrier!


Above you can see me with Squiggle back when I first got the JPMBB sling on the left, and then again over the summer (right).

 I had a friend take one more recently... of course I had to be stifling a laugh when she took the picture, but at least you get a good pic of the carrier.



I can't get over how easy it is to use once you realize how to get a proper seat in a sling. This took some practice for me, and became more difficult as Squiggle got more determined to be independent and try to run off. Still, as you can see below, I can carry my 26lb 17 month old daughter in a ring sling comfortably. 

This is super easy to store in your car or diaperbag (even your purse!), so you can always have a carrier on hand. What's more, since this has rings and not a plastic buckle like soft structured carriers have, you can leave it in the car during all sorts of temperatures without worrying about the safety due to degradation (of the plastic buckles).

Check out this great info video JPMBB has on how to carry in a (their) ring sling, too!



I would definitely recommend this ring sling to any expectant mother that is looking into baby wearing. This material reminds me so much of the (slightly) stretchy wrap I had with Squiggle as a newborn, and it was fabulous. JPMBB makes wraps, and I bet they would have been fabulous to have from birth!

Disclaimer: Thoughts of Fluff received the above product from JPMBB in order to facilitate this review. This did not influence my opinion in any way. All opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment