Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

MOMables Recipe Review (6)

I tried a MOMables crock pot recipe for dinner on Monday, and I must say I was pleased! First, I've never made a dinner in my crock pot. In fact, I had only ever tried to make a baked bean recipe in it and it turned out horrible. Man, have I been missing out on crock pot cooking! Dinner was Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore, and it was another great MOMables recipe! For more information on what MOMables are, check out my info post and giveaway HERE!

Since this recipe is not one of the free recipes, the actual recipe itself will not be shared. 

The recipe was easy to follow, and the prep time was minimal. I sliced the fresh veggies, at that was pretty much the bulk of the work. No, seriously. It was. Slice, add, turn on the crock pot, voila!

Pre-shredding the chicken
 I left the crock pot to do its thing, and the house started smelling wonderful a few hours later. 5 hours later, and I boiled a bit of pasta to complete the meal. While the water was heating, I opted to shred up the chicken (you don't have to, but it works great!). The pasta finished and everything was ready to eat!

Shredding the chicken (in a dinner bowl so I don't have to dirty the cutting board)

After adding the shredded chicken back in

Everyone liked it, though hubby thinks it would have been better over rice. I could see that, so next time I think I will just make rice to go along with it. It would also have been yummy in a little tortilla.

Dinner is served!
All in all, I think I had 20 minutes of prep work and then the time it took to boil the pasta (which I had the chicken shredded well before that water even boiled). Very quick meal, very delicious!

Disclosure: These opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment