Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pokémon Go: tips pt.1

Since Pokémon Go is so popular, I thought I might post some Pokémon Go information. Some of this may be obvious to my readers, but let’s face it: not all of us are as quick to catch on to new games as others. Bear with me if you know these or find them obvious… they aren’t obvious to everyone! (…I’m proof of that.) I'll post tips on a different topic for the next few days!

Hatching Eggs
-          To hatch eggs, you have to walk... but you have to have the Pokémon Go app open to do it. It won’t register walking done while the app isn’t open on your phone! (The same is true of the little incense things… they attract Pokémon near you, but the app needs to stay open to actually get any benefit from it!)
-          If you want to log miles, driving isn’t the way to do it. You have to be going really slow for it to register (since obviously you could hatch a lot of eggs by driving on the highway!). I still have the game on when I drive (not actively playing, of course), but it only registers about 0.2mi of a 7 mile trip, for example, so probably only when I’m coming to a stop and starting out (or in a parking lot).
-          Swings are your friend! If your kids are at the park but are old enough to not want you to interact with them while there (my kids would rather play with other kids at this point), swing! Swinging is enough movement that your phone registers it like you were walking, but you can stay there and watch your kids, get a bit of exercise, and have a bit of fun while hatching an egg.
-          Speaking of swings, a baby swing will do the same thing, but it’s not as fun.

Disclaimer: Thoughts of Fluff is responsible for the content of this post. All opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment