Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Newness

First, let me start off by hoping everyone enjoyed their holiday (whichever one you might celebrate!), and I hope everyone had a safe and uneventful trip if you traveled!

Our holiday worked out much differently than anticipated. Bobble had a very sad  looking rash on his bottom on Monday night (Monday the 17th), and by Tuesday afternoon it was quite apparent he had gotten Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. The poor boy was COVERED. We contacted family and opted to hold off with any visiting.

He was much better by the weekend, but still had spots (so still contagious). Either way, I was glad we didn't travel.... I ended up with the Flu on Friday! My goodness, did my body hurt to be awake! Mostly my hips and spine ached, but all of my muscles/joints ached... those were just the worse! By Saturday I was doing much better, but had a spot on my hand. Sunday I woke up to see it was quite obvious that my immune system being down opened the door for me to also get HFM.

Today my HFM is nearly gone. The spots aren't really easily visible anymore (I was so thankful I got it so mildly!).... but I woke up with a COLD!

*sigh*

It's just one thing after another for this house.... especially me! Being pregnant really kicks your immune system down a notch, and if you get one thing, watch out! When my already weakened immune system (from pregnancy) was hit with that flu, then it was all over. I got what Bobble had, then I got that blasted cold..... and I'm hoping the cold is really the end of it!

On the bright side, Bobble thoroughly enjoyed his holiday this year! He actually participated in the unwrapping of presents this time, and loved every minute of it. In fact, he wanted to unwrap all the presents.... including his daddy's.

Other than that, I must say that everything was really just another day. I guess that's what happens when you don't go see family or anything. We ordered Chinese for dinner and enjoyed watching a movie and eating some delicious food that we didn't have to clean up after (because we didn't cook!).

I'm able to write this midday since we are getting pounded with snow and I had to leave work early. That, and it's nap time for Bobble. Lucky you!

How was your holiday? Did you do anything fun? Different? Unexpected?

No comments:

Post a Comment