Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

Alba Botanica SPF 50 SunScreen (review)

Last year I found an organic sunscreen I liked a lot, but we couldn't find it without driving roughly 90 miles. While that's not always a big deal (since that's right near the zoo and we like making zoo trips), it's not very practical for the rest of the time. I also couldn't find it higher than SPF30, and it had only 40 minutes of water resistance.

I did some searching and found Alba Botanica's Hawaiian Clear Spray Sunscreen with SPF50. It's not organic, but the ingredients are 100% vegetarian, biodegradable, and it is water resistant for 80 minutes.



One of my favourite things about this sunscreen is that it is air-propelled (no CFCs) and it is biodegradable. It is also free of parabens, phthalates, and ..... synthetic fragrances!!! This last one is huge for me because most fake scents don't agree with me. Well, at least not my sinuses.

In addition to the benefits above, it's an easy spray-on sunscreen that doesn't need to be rubbed in. Instead of being a white sunscreen that sprays on and you rub in, this sunscreen is clear.


If heavily applied (as on Squiggle's arm above), it's still just clear. Also, don't spray that much on. That happened because Bobble was helping! I just used the extra to apply to her face. Bobble's back (also seen above) shows immediately after applying the sunscreen (in the proper amount).


To apply to faces, simply spray on your hand and then apply to the face. Alternatively, wipe the extra off that your child attempted to apply themselves and use that.

Another neat feature is the locking cap. If you twist the cap to the right, it won't spray. While not exactly child-proof, it certainly helps with sunscreen transport in a bag!

I haven't been able to find this locally, though Walmart apparently carries it (at least online). Having Amazon Prime, however, it's a non-issue. Though I could also order the other sunscreen I liked (mentioned at the beginning of the post), this one lasts longer and is much less expensive.

Disclaimer: The above products were purchased by me. Thoughts of Fluff was not compensated in any way for this post. All opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own.





No comments:

Post a Comment