Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Missing

Well, I've successfully gone missing from here. I had mentioned I would be stepping back a bit before writing again, and writing more about myself in future posts... so this will be ALL about me. Not much, but a brief explanation!

My new class started, and I have to admit that it's really difficult doing school with children. Like, REALLY difficult. Perhaps it's just the ages of them children, but taking a class is challenging. Even more challenging, and the reason I've been missing so much, is taking a law class with two young children.

Yes. Law.

On the bright side, I'm only a couple weeks away from the end of that class, and I'm hoping that the next class will be a bit easier on me. Not that I dislike the challenge, but man! Law and wee ones do not mix!

We've also had a tough time with our eldest fur baby. She is at the end of her life, and we are forced to decide between putting her down or letting her try to go naturally. It's not an easy choice at any time, and certainly made more difficult by children that are old enough to ask about her. Bobble has been asking about death more and more the last few months, so I'm not sure if I should let him be there if we put her down, or if we should do it while he is elsewhere.

We've never gone through this with children. In fact, I haven't had to put down an animal I was attached to. Never. I had animals run off. I had rescues I had just gotten need to be put down. I've never had an animal for this long, and I've never had an animal this close.

Anyone with input on this situation, I'd love to hear from you. What did you tell your children? We've been trying to explain that she's an old, grandma kitty, and we've mentioned her body is old and isn't healing itself anymore.

Again, I promise to write more, soon. Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment