Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Wooden Spoons for mugs or baby (Sage Spoonfuls review)

I'm a pretty big fan of tea, but I dislike the lines in the bottom of my mugs that eventually become full-on cracks. I won't drink from a mug that is cracked, as I am a bit leery of what is used in the manufacturing process.




Now, I know it's probably super obvious, but the metal spoons I'd use to stir my drinks were causing the marks that eventually became cracks. Looking back, it's super obvious. I'm honestly surprised it took me this long to realize that.



Still, the realization (which actually occurred months ago, but I've been MIA for a while on the blog!) prompted me to search for alternatives. I used the little take 'n toss spoons that we've had, but I dislike plastic (in general), and rarely even let the kids use them, much less want to use them in a hot drink.



I searched online and found some wooden baby spoons by Sage Spoonfuls. You might recognize the name as a company that creates BPA free containers for storing baby food, or maybe from their hand blender. I remembered hearing the name of the company before as a fairly "safe" company (in terms of "Green"), so when I saw their bamboo spoons I decided to try them out.



This is where I'd like to point out that I was not given these spoons to review. I purchased them with my own money, and without contact with the company.



The spoons are eco-friendly, and supposedly dishwasher safe. I say "supposedly" not because I've had a negative experience, but because I've only handwashed them in hopes of extending their lifespan.

The spoons come in a 3 pack, and are an ideal size for a baby to use. No worries, they are non-splintering! Seeing as how I bought these for my personal use, I was really more concerned with how long the handle was for my mugs.



Thankfully, it is plenty long enough!

I have been using these spoons for a few months now, and my mugs have no signs of wear, the spoons show minimal signs of wear (only slight discolouration), and everyone is happy!

Spoon pictured after use for a few months
Disclaimer: Thoughts of Fluff was not compensated for this post. Product(s) mentioned above were purchased by me, and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment