Looking for a delicious chicken recipe that doesn't take much time? This recipe is for you! It's very simple and only takes minutes to throw together, but your whole house will smell fabulous, and you'll have juicy, fall-off-the-bone chicken for dinner! As you've probably noticed, I really get a lot of use out of my 6qt. Crock Pot!
You can add more or less of anything in the recipe to taste, and I never actually measure out the herbs, but this is a guesstimate. :)
Savoury Whole Chicken [Crock Pot]
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 5 ribs celery
- 1 onion
- 1T dried thyme
- 1t dried oregano
- Slice the onion in half, an then into long strips. Separate the onion and place half of it across the bottom of the crock pot bowl.
- Chop 3 ribs of up celery into small pieces. Cut the other 2 into snack-sized sticks. Spread chopped celery across the bottom of the bowl with the onion.
- Place spices in spice grinder or quickly grind with a mortar and pestle.
- Get chicken out and remove innards and neck. Stuff with the other half of the onion and celery and place top the chopped onion and celery in the crock pot.
- Take dried spices and rub all over the body of the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on size of chicken.
Ready to cook!
|Ready to eat!|
Disclaimer: Thoughts of Fluff is responsible for all content in this post. These opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own. Post contains affiliate links.