Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Changes

I'm up for a bit of a change that wasn't exactly my choice. For you readers, this means I will have more time to do reviews and posts... at least before Squiggle comes along. For my family, this means more stress and uncertainty.

I'm talking about work. Many of you know that I was the person that worked full time, and my husband went to school and watched Bobble. Yesterday, unexpectedly, my workplace laid everyone off and permanently closed their doors. I don't know what to do, being 34w pregnant, as nobody will hire someone that will just pop after they train them. Also, despite FMLA being awesome in that it holds your job, it doesn't really matter if you haven't worked at the place at least 90 days. I wouldn't qualify.

Yes, I was upset when we were given the news... but after about an hour I was in good spirits again. Don't you sort of have to be? I mean, honestly... nothing is going to change. You can't undo what's been done. I grieved. It sucks. Time to move on. Didn't make celebrating my wedding anniversary over lunch any easier that same day, though. The hubs and I decided to still go out to lunch, but opted for a slightly less expensive route than we were planning considering. Still, Olive Garden was a lovely treat that we normally wouldn't have gotten... and Bobble was at school, so it was just the two of us.

Again, I'm not certain what the future holds for me now, but I'm going to take it a step at a time. At least I get to spend a bit more time working on here, spending time with my family, and relaxing the rest of my pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment