Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Balboa Sling (Review)

I was given the opportunity to try out the Balboa Sling for review, and happily picked out an adorable print called Lime Poppy. Admittedly, it was difficult to pick out just one print from all these cute prints!







I was planning on using a sling with Squiggle who, obviously, is yet to come... but the Balboa Baby Sling has a weight range of 8lbs - 35lbs, so it held Bobble since he is only 30 lbs. More product usage and safety information can be found HERE, then select the Care & Safety Tab on the far right.)






I had never used a sling carrier before, so I did a lot of reading up on it via the literature provided with the sling, and studied the web page a bunch too. Here's a close-up of the sturdy ring part of the sling that allows you to adjust the strap to fit you:


I had no problem getting Bobble in the sling, nor did I have a problem adjusting the sling. Bobble wasn't much a fan of it, however, but that's because his back wasn't supported all the way up (which he is used to with carriers) and he had NEVER been in a carrier like this one before. I understand his reluctance to enjoy the carrier. It would work much better if he had been accustomed to the sling style carrier before this. It also would be a lot easier if he were smaller and could fit as easily as one of the cute pictures on the box (and website) show!




Still, I was able to get an idea of how the sling would be used, and definitely think it would be more handy with a smaller child! It was a bit difficult for me with my gigantic pregnant belly... I imagine that was part of the discomfort Bobble had when trying to sit in it... he had no place for his leg!


I'm excited to try this out with Squiggle when she gets here (and meets the weight requirements), as I think this will work much better. Still, it felt very secure with my 30 lb toddler in it, and it was nicely padded across the strap so it didn't dig into my shoulder. 

Balboa Baby doesn't just make slings, though! They make a variety of products that are designed to make life simpler for parents and better for babies. These products are both fashionable and functional, and are approved by Dr. Sears.

You can buy your own Balboa Sling online or in a retail store. To locate the store closest to you (or to find an online retailer), check out the Store Locator on the Balboa Baby website.

Disclosure: The product mentioned above was provided to me by Balboa Baby for review. This did not influence my opinion of the product in any way. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment