Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Mama Bird's Place

Not everyone is lucky enough to have a brick & mortar parenting store near by. Shopping for diapers online can be difficult for people just starting out, as well as anything else "fluffy" or "crunchy" (i.e. diaper detergent, wipes, wet bags, baby carriers.... you get the idea!).


I am very fortunate to have had a store open up within driving distance. Mama Bird's Place is located in Wooster, OH and is a great store for your natural parenting needs! The store is actually moving down the street shortly, so I'll spare you the confusion of adding an address at this moment, but it's a great thing they are moving because they already outgrew their shop!








I snapped a few pictures of their goods (which includes some locally made/WAHM items), and also went in there for some advice on a few things like how to use a sling carrier (since I had always used soft structured carriers. In fact, if you looked at my Balboa Sling Review, you'll see some of their stock in the background as those photos were taken in their store!


A bit of background info on Mama Bird's Place can be found on their "about" page, so please go meet the ladies behind the store!


They are more than just a store to go and get a hands-on feel for different items, though. They have a great deal of knowledge of many different diapers (and all sorts of other products, too!), and have held Cloth 101 classes to help people interested in cloth diapering.


If you are semi-close to Wooster, I highly recommend taking a drive out that way to check out their shop. Children are more than welcome, and it's rare they don't have their own children there! That might be my favorite thing about the store is how child-friendly it is. I can go there and Bobble will play with the toys they have while I browse. I don't have to worry about anyone giving me dirty looks because my toddler decided to run around like a little crazy person for a bit!


If you don't happen to live near by, Mama Bird's Place has an etsy shop for the lovely handmade items that you might be seeking, or a bigcartel store for the other items you want! Both links can be found on their "Store" page.


If you don't see something you are looking for (especially if they already carry that brand), ask. Odds are, they can try to get it for you next order (if it's available for them to get!). Talk about great customer service!

I love Mama Bird's Place, and I can't wait to see how they grow in the future! Love supporting the small businesses!

7 comments:

  1. This shop sounds wonderful! I wish we had something like this in the area where we live. You are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My local shop closed down earlier this year. :-( Mama Bird's Place looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that they sell some handmade things as well as "big" brands:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a really neat place! I live In Maine, so quite a ways away, but ill have to be sure to check out their etsy store :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realize this post is almost 3 years old, but is this store still around? I live about 30 minutes from Wooster and was just trying to look up the store and can't find anything about it. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realize this post is almost 3 years old, but is this store still around? I live about 30 minutes from Wooster and was just trying to look up the store and can't find anything about it. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it is not, but if you want to send me an email (ThoughtsOfFluff at gmail dot com) I could help you find whatever you're looking for. :)

      Delete