Want a delicious crust without all the carbs? Maybe you just want a sneakier way to get your kids to eat veggies? This crust might take a bit more prep time than a regular dough, but it's well worth it! The taste is phenomenal, you get extra veggies, and it's not only gluten-free (if you care about that) but grain-free, too!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 4 oz. package of herbed goat cheese
Preheat Oven to 400F
1) Heat water (about 1 qt) to a boil while washing and cutting cauliflower into small pieces.
2) Add boiling water to cauliflower in a glass bowl and use an immersion blender and blend until in small particles ("cauliflower rice") and no chunks left.
3) Strain to remove as much water as possible.
4) Place in cheesecloth (optional) and place inside a dish towel (not optional) to wring out the remaining moisture. Too wet and you will have a soggy crust! The cheesecloth just makes it easier to clean the towel when you're done.
5) Place cauliflower back in a bowl and blend in the egg and goat cheese.
6) Press dough onto baking sheet (or pizza stone) that is lined with parchment paper. Shape however you want. Keep the dough about 1/3" thick.
7) Bake at 400F for roughly 40 minutes or until crust is firm and golden brown.
8) Add sauce and toppings, then return to the oven for 10-30 minutes. The more toppings you have, the longer it will take. We added a lot of toppings, so it was about 25 minutes. Bake until the cheese is lightly browned to ensure you cooked out enough moisture.
ALLOW EXTRA COOLING TIME! This pizza retains a lot of heat if you are using a pizza stone, so allow extra cooling time.
Disclaimer: Thoughts of Fluff was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own. Post contains affiliate links.